Current Vacancies - Learn More.
Job Title: Part time experienced Bar Person - weekend work, would ideally suit college students
Responsible To: Bar Manager
Main Purpose of Job: To service the beverage (and food if appropriate) needs of customers and to have a thorough knowledge of all alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and to be well versed in the skill of shaking and stirring cocktails.
You must ensure all cash and charge procedures are carried out in accordance with company policy.
· All guests should be greeted in a pleasant and courteous fashion and tended to in a professional and efficient manner.
· To carry out all cash and charge procedures in accordance with company policy.
· To be familiar with licensing laws and excise requirements.
· To ensure all drinks are issued using appropriate measures, procedures and correct glassware.
· You are responsible for the stocking of shelves to appropriate levels, observing proper stock rotation, and the stocking of glassware.
· Collecting all the empty glasses and bottles from the customers' tables and returning them to the bar in a timely fashion.
· Take customer orders and serve beverages.
· Partake in cleaning duties to maintain the look and hygiene of the bar and lobby where applicable.
· To assist in the serving of any food/carvery operation when required.
· To assist in the clearing of bottles, glasses, tables and tables, and washing same.
· To empty and clean ashtrays in the external smoking areas.
· Receipts must be issued at point of sale for every transaction and a written copy of till/control procedures will be issued to you separately. All Guests must be issued with a Receipt (failure to issue a receipt will result in disciplinary procedures).
· To actively participate in any training and personnel exercises designed to improve standards and performance levels.
· To communicate hotel services to guests.
· To receive customer complaints in a courteous and sympathetic fashion and inform your Supervisor/Management of all complaints or observations immediately.
· To ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming.
· To wear clean, suitable uniform and name badge at all times.
· To carry out cash handling procedures in accordance with Company policy.
· Ensure billing is carried out accurately and that payments and signatures are obtained
· The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list and you will be expected to comply with any reasonable requests or duties as directed by management.
Part-time hours: 20-24 per week
Job Types: Full-time,
Flexible working hours