Tips for the Greenway
Park Hotel Dungarvan - The Greenway
It's safe to say that the Waterford Greenway has become one of Ireland's top destinations for those looking to see the vast beauty of the south east of Ireland. However whether you wish to walk, run or cycle the Waterford Greenway there are always certain things you should take into consideration! Here are our top tips for completing the Waterford Greenway:
- Hire A Bike - We here at The Park Hotel have you covered. We have teamed up with one of the main bicycle rental companies on the Greenway in order to provide you with the tools & service to get you from one end to another.
- E-Bike Hire - Hire a Bike & Cycle famous Waterford Greenway and surrounding area. Bikes available for adults, male and female. A variety of bikes for children and bike trailers are available for children under five years of age. E Bike - Adults Only €40.00 per adult. Peddle assisted bike with 150km of cycle time. Packed lunch included in rate. To book contact hotel reception.
- Pack Smart - Yes, while the relatively short distance from the Park Hotel to Durrow is one of the nicer sections and only takes half the journey, if you wish to do the whole route, you need to be well prepared. At 46km, this inlcudes items like water, phone chargers, snacks and suncreen! Speaking of...
- Sunscreen - While in Ireland we don't tend to get much sunshine, when we do we are wholly under-prepared for it! Much of the Greenway is exposed to the elements so protecting oneself is essential.
- Pace Yourself - The Waterford Greenway doesn't need to all be done in one go! We have overnight packages available so if you are coming from the Waterford side then why not stay with The Park Hotel a night and return in the morning.
- Dont be afraid to linger - Dungarvan offers some of the most picturesque beaches and quaint pubs in the entire south east, so why not stay a bit longer and enjoy the scenery.
- Padded shorts - The Greenway is 46km long. I don't think we need to highlight the importance of this one.
- Keep your wits - As the popularity of the Waterford Greenway increases, naturally so do the number of people using it. This includes walkers, runners, people with dogs, kids etc. So should you wish to hire a bike, please be conscious of the other path users and always watch your surroundings.